Next Warriors
Next Warriors
Next Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Next Warriors! We're a multigaming crew with focus on Nintendo titles.

HomeChatSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thomas Quit?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyFri Dec 03 2010, 04:26

Yup, I quit gaming and this clan. I will still come once in a while just for kicks but i am no longer playing online. I have grown up and dont take pleasure in pwning noobs anymore. Any questions please comment.
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyFri Dec 03 2010, 06:44

Quote :
I have grown up

For some reason I highly doubt that.
And we actually had that conversation where you tried to explain how adult you are because you don't play. So what's the point? You won't really change people's mind.
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 04 2010, 07:23

Oh so training at video games will make my life better? Dont worry guys you will one day wake up from your obssession and realize that video games are pointless to train for.
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 04 2010, 13:06

Did you actually read my post? Your answer doesn't refer to it in any way. It's like answering your own thoughts, as if you're talking to yourself. I didn't even say a word about "Training at videogames will make one's life better".

Who is talking about training? Gaming is just entertainment, just one from a variety of sources of fun. We're not talking about being addicted now, it's something different, or you want to say you had a videogame addiction?
If you're not playing anymore - your decision, who cares? You'll just find another hobby and that's it, that does not make you any better/more "adult". No one was holding you back from stopping anyway, we didn't even know you well, but now you're acting like a 6 year old kid and that's actually unfortunate... and disappointing, expected more of you.

I have a very busy routine, training in martial art sections every day except for saturday and sunday (when I go to Freerun (Parkour), or Gym/swimming pool), and on top of that school, and I only have A/B marks, although I hardly have time to concentrate on it due to my sport activities.
And as each single person I have hobbies, and I also play videogames with real friends/online friends to relax at times, one evening after a very exhausting day/homework/training when you don't have the strength to go anywhere anymore, etc. So what now, do I lose something? The only alternative is some other hobby that fills me with fun and comfort, of course one might be more useful than the other, for example I really want to learn to play instruments as guitar, drums, etc. That's more developing than games, might be, yeah, but the ultimation is the same - fun, a human as a social being can't go on without it, since it will cause depressions. And I'm not the only example, trust me, there are much more.

As you were bragging on the chat "I'm going to parties now instead of playing", gotta tell you that the most people here and 90% generally throw/join parties each friday (for me it's usually friday) or at weekends. But did you think how parties "make your life better"? You're just hanging out with friends and doing shit, but the result is the same - you get fun.

Let me give another example. One of my hobbies is skating. One day I'll say to my guys: "I quit skating, I have grown up and now I understand that skating and showing off does not make my life better. Don't worry guys you will one day wake up from your obsession and realize that skating is pointless to train for and become as adult as I am now..."

And now imagine how you appear in the eyes of the others and what people think of you.
No one was forcing you to play videogames, choose whatever hobby you want.
Then again, you won't change people's mind.

But either you waste your time reading this lecture of mine on PC and doing other "pointless stuff", or playing games on Wii - there's not a big difference, you know.
If you will go on talking with yourself, then I'll have to close the thread, there's no point to go on with the discussion if you can't handle this information.

Think about it. Sense the wisdom.
Sincerely,

Dr.Rain
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 04 2010, 19:00

Oh, no Thomas. It's too bad. Good Luck

Fuzzy
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyFri Dec 10 2010, 03:51

Ok. Yes I did read your post. My answer wasn’t meant to refer to it in any way. I was referring to what you do here at this clan. It’s not like talking to myself, I was talking about the clan in general and pretty much and other clan or gamers. It’s not what you say, it’s what you do is what I’m getting at.

Who is talking about training? Noone. Again, that is what you guys do here. Don’t try and convince me that you don’t because you do. You play competitively; you try and get better by practicing. That is training. You are correct, gaming is entertainment. But you are wrong about it being “just” entertainment. Just like other things, it can be “just” casually playing the guitar for entertainment. But then there is doing both; doing it for entertainment and training. Which is what you guys do with video games. I obviously don’t know if you guys are addicted to video games. Im not gonna accuse you of that. But as what I have seen, you guys are playing and talking about video games quite a bit. That doesn’t mean your addicted but it could. Lol. I actually thought I was addicted to MSC, but as it turns out it was really easy to quit. No I was not addicted. I’m not asking you to care if I quit. I just wanted you guys to know that I did quit and why. I have found another hobby. Guitar, basketball, music. Yes, it does not make me anymore of an adult, your right. But…I don’t have a single adult past 30 that plays video games in my family. Think about it… ratio of kids to adults playing video games? Exactly. I’m just saying video games are for kids period. Maybe not COD or M rated games. But Mario? Yes. I know that noone was holding me back, that’s why it was so easy. It got boring. Ya know? Don’t worry it will for you too. Yes I guess I did act like a 6 year old but that is because I didn’t think my response out like I am know.

Blah blah blah bout your life… lol. A human cannot go without fun. True, but my whole friggin point is there is 999839 million other more productive hobbies that will get you farther in life then being glued to a screen for at least 4 days a week. I’m just saying that video games as a hobby is one thing that is not something that will get you anywhere. Example: You cannot put on your resume that you went to that video game tournament down the street. But you can put that you won the state championship with the basketball team or you are part of a successful band being a guitarist. In society, video games are frowned upon. (not the high school society, im talking about the real shit)

Also, please don’t put words in my mouth. I did not brag that I was going to parties now that I don’t play VGs anymore. I used it as an example to tell you that there are alternative things to do than be training. Hey wheres Alpha? Oh man, it sucks he didn’t wanna come to this party because hes at home playing Mario games. That was a conversation of your friends at the party you coulda went too. Now you would probably say, “but parties aren’t productive”. Yes they aren’t. But they do make you happier because you will have more friends at school at other schools. Would you rather be known as that dude who trains at Mario soccer or that dude that you see at some parties and like oh ya that guy is the shit.

Skating is a bad example.Because it does make your life better. There are many more job opportunites that come from training at skating than training at video games. I am not saying I am more adult now. I have learned many things since my retirement. Without video games in the way its been much easier to focus on more important things. Friends, Schoolwork, girls, trying to get into another school…etc. Im not looking for you guys to accept me and I don’t care about what you think of me; If ima douche or cool guy. because you are just some guy that I met online. Its not like you’re my best friend. This site isn’t a popularity, character site. Your right I didn’t get forced to play video games. My whole point is that it is easier to do productive things that make me happier, than training at video games.

About changing peoples minds, that’s not my intent. My intent is for you to know how good my life is without that garbage. Just giving you something to think about next time you turn on your wii to play that clan war. “What is this really doing for me?, What am I gaining from this? Is this a waste of time?”

Shit. I got nothing better to do right now so I just decided to write this. Hmm… ironic isn’t it?

Well. Think about it.

Until next time,

Peace

FG4! PESOS!

Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyTue Dec 14 2010, 01:55

Quote :
Blah blah blah bout your life… lol.

...?

Quote :
Oh man, it sucks he didn’t wanna come to this party because hes at home playing Mario games. That was a conversation of your friends at the party you coulda went too. Now you would probably say, “but parties aren’t productive”.

I never exchange my friends for videogames...

Quote :
I have learned many things since my retirement.
One always learns something. And later you'll reveal a new truth, then another truth, and not just once...

The rest seems to make sense now, and there's actually truth in it. Good point. Well, good luck in your new lifestyle then. Wink
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyThu Dec 16 2010, 02:21

Thanks for your understanding. I am selling my wii in a couple days and getting an Xbox 360. Wii is so boring now. No more MSC :(
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyThu Dec 16 2010, 21:33

Thomas (Mi 15 Dez - 15:21) wrote:
I am selling my wii in a couple days and getting an Xbox 360.

I laughed really hard there. lol!
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 01:32

Prøjectile (Thu 16 Dec - 9:33) wrote:
Thomas (Mi 15 Dez - 15:21) wrote:
I am selling my wii in a couple days and getting an Xbox 360.

I laughed really hard there. lol!

How is that funny? Xbox 360 is legitly better. Getting MK vs. DC.
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 18 2010, 11:35

Quote :
I am selling my wii in a couple days and getting an Xbox 360. Wii is so boring now.
Quote :
How is that funny? Xbox 360 is legitly better. Getting MK vs. DC.

Congratulations! In these two small sentences, you just contradicted everything you said in your previous posts about video game being bad.

Quote :
Yup, I quit gaming and this clan. [...] *I have grown up and dont take pleasure in pwning noobs anymore.
Quote :
Dont worry guys you will one day wake up from your obssession and realize that video games are pointless to train for.
Quote :
A human cannot go without fun. True, but my whole friggin point is there is 999839 million other more productive hobbies that will get you farther in life then being glued to a screen for at least 4 days a week.
Quote :
There are many more job opportunites that come from training at skating than training at video games. *I am not saying I am more adult now. I have learned many things since my retirement. Without video games in the way its been much easier to focus on more important things. Friends, Schoolwork, girls, trying to get into another school…etc.
Quote :
My intent is for you to know how good my life is without that garbage.

So much fail... Oh, and to beautifully end this.

Quote :
I actually thought I was addicted to MSC, but as it turns out it was really easy to quit.
Quote :
No more MSC :(

Silly greetings.
Nathan
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 18 2010, 15:47

I think someone got owned
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 18 2010, 21:51

Now you may know why I laughed really, really hard there. Still laughing when reading this. :D
Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptySat Dec 18 2010, 23:37

Just Epic LolFail :) :D :) :D :)
We will always(maybe) miss you

Have fun with your Xbox lol!

(SELFOWN Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Zakofae
Honorable User
Honorable User
Zakofae

3DS Friendcode : 1418-7272-8210 Pokémon Showdown IGN : Zakofae

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? EmptyMon Feb 07 2011, 01:05

This is the only Member-Created thread that survived from last generation of NW.
Why did this thread survive? it's only a post about activity?
Well, to put it simple.
I consider this to be a classic and golden thread. If you know me and read it closer, you will probably understand why.
May it stay here for all eternity, for future reference and laughter purposes.

~ SOLVED ~
Back to top Go down
https://nextwarriors.forumotion.com/u1contact
Sponsored content

Thomas Quit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Quit?   Thomas Quit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thomas Quit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Next Warriors :: The Clan :: Activity Thread-
Jump to: